Rocky Mountain Assisted Living
Developing a care plan for elderly loved ones is difficult. The process requires understanding and acceptance that a new phase of life is about to begin for your loved one, and that can be tricky to navigate at first. Deciding whether to care for your family member yourself or put them in someone else’s care is an emotionally charged decision and one that can cause rifts in family structures. Luckily, there is an option that appeals to all parties. Assisted living facilities are a fantastic choice for aging seniors, as they blend the independence that they crave with the support that puts their families at ease. Assisted living ensures your loved ones not only receive proper care, but it gives them an opportunity for socialization and fun. Many seniors lose their urge to socialize or meet new people as they age, and assisted living can help them regain their sense of community.
Unique Senior Living Thornton, CO
As you already know, not all senior living facilities are created equal. Many facilities implement policies and procedures that they stick to at all times. The facilities that operate on a one-size-fits-all basis cannot possibly provide the right care for all of their residents, and there is a strong chance that your loved one won’t receive care that’s specific to their unique needs. Many assisted living options make your loved one feel helpless and useless, rather than fostering their sense of independence and enhancing their changing abilities. At Rocky Mountain Assisted Living, we do things differently. Rather than creating a system where all residents receive the same care, we tailor our options to each of our residents. We understand that some folks come to us looking for added security and occasional check-ins because loved ones live far away, whereas others need daily care and attention. No matter your mobility level and specific needs, Rocky Mountain Assisted Living can produce a care plan that works for you.
Assisted Living from Rocky Mountain Goes the Extra Mile
No senior wants to feel ill at ease when staying in assisted living. This is why we take great care to ensure that our facilities feel like home. Where some facilities are bland and uninteresting, Rocky Mountain Assisted Living thoughtfully selects flowers and shrubbery to line the entrance to your loved one’s assisted living home. Our units look more like a quaint suburb than an assisted living facility. Our indoor decor is designed to feel personal to your loved one’s taste and emulate a comfortable and soothing forever home. We know that aesthetics are not the main reason for choosing assisted living, so we ensure that all of our units are safe and accessible as well as beautiful. Each room of their intimate home encompasses the personal, warm touches you would create for your family home, but with discrete elements to make each feature of the home accessible and safe for your loved one. Bathrooms are appointed with all the interior design elements of a carefully decorated home bathroom and equipped with handrails and accessible toilets, bath tubs, and showers for your loved one’s changing needs. As your loved one changes, we are happy to change our services to accommodate their needs and wants. Some folks come to us with mobility issues from a fall, but after some time being supported by our staff, they find they need less help than they once did. Our care is flexible, and you can be sure that your loved one is constantly receiving care that’s appropriate to their needs, even as their needs change.
The Kitchen Is the Heart of Our Assisted Living Facilities
As with any home, our units include beautiful kitchens in which to gather. We understand that many seniors still love to cook and entertain, so we ensure that they have that opportunity in our senior living facilities. Walk into the kitchen and you will find a place to gather and prepare your favorite meals around a gorgeous island and beautifully selected cabinetry. We believe that our kitchen designs create a versatile environment for your loved one’s unique needs. Our kitchens provide your loved one with the opportunity to be as independent as they can or wish to be, while having the support of constant care from our team for meal preparation when needed or wanted. Preparing meals is a source of joy in many people’s lives, and we never assume that our seniors are any different. We’re here to help cook only when they need us.
Tailored Senior Care for Your Loved One
One of our core beliefs is that every senior’s needs are different. Assisted living shouldn’t exist as a standard level of care, but the care should be adjusted to meet each individual’s needs. We infuse this belief into our facilities and strive to provide unique and tailored care to our residents. Rocky Mountain Assisted Living offers an intimate home setting with progressive levels of care. Regardless of your loved one’s level of independence or care requirements, they will find the balance they need at Rocky Mountain. We are dedicated to promoting independence, protecting dignity, and nurturing your loved one’s functional and social needs. With a diversity of interests and personalities, our senior residents each have a unique life story. We help them to carry out their desire to live independently as long as possible, while providing around-the-clock access to medical care and assistance with day-to-day activities when needed. With this model, everyone wins. Your loved one has reasonable control over their own life, and you have peace of mind knowing that someone is caring for them.
What Sets Rocky Mountain Senior Living Apart from the Rest?
The major difference between Rocky Mountain Assisted Living and other assisted living facilities is our commitment to creating a home feel for your senior loved ones. We have no interest in providing run-of-the-mill assisted living at Rocky Mountain. Besides our exemplary homes, we provide all sorts of services to our residents that set us apart, all of which are included in their room and board fees.
- 24-hour awake staff. There is always someone on site who is ready to help your loved one with anything they may need. No need to worry about waking anyone or waiting for an emergency to call for help; our staff is ready to assist every moment of the day.
- Art and music classes. Keeping our seniors engaged in art and music is one of the joys of Rocky Mountain assisted living. These activities not only help seniors stay connected, but they can also strengthen fine motor skills and brain connections to boost our residents’ moods.
- Laundry and linen services. Laundry can be a hassle, especially for seniors. We provide laundry pickup and care, so your loved one doesn’t have to handle the wash themselves.
- Bathing and dressing assistance. We understand that some seniors have mobility or motor skill issues that make it hard to do things like bathing and dressing. We provide dignified, respectful assistance in these areas at any time of the day or night.
- Rounding physicians and medication management. Health care is incredibly important to us at Rocky Mountain assisted living, so we provide a rounding physician to check on our residents’ health regularly. This service is covered by insurance and acts as excellent maintenance for senior health. Medication is administered by our licensed staff, ensuring that your loved one is not only taking their medication daily but taking the proper dosage and at the right time.
- Homemade meals and snacks. If your loved one wants to cook on their own, great! If they’d prefer assistance or someone to cook for them, we can provide that too. Meals are tailored to each resident’s preferences and help eliminate barriers between seniors and nourishing food.
These services and many others are available to Rocky Mountain assisted living residents and represent just one of the ways that Rocky Mountain does assisted living differently.
More Rocky Mountain Services Available for Additional Cost
In order to cater fully to our residents, Rocky Mountain assisted living provides a variety of services for those who want them but don’t include them in our packages to save the money of those who do not need or wish to participate. These are some of the extra services offered at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living:
- Hair care. Though your loved one may have an offsite hairdresser that they prefer, we offer hair care services if they do not. These services are performed in our luxury spa and allow our seniors to feel confident about their appearance.
- Incontinence supplies. We know that incontinence is a natural part of getting older. To prevent your loved one from taking extra trips for supplies, we can provide them discreetly right to their unit.
- Cognitive therapy. Some residents of senior living benefit from cognitive therapy. This is a type of psychotherapy that helps manage stress, anxiety, and depression. Because these issues are common in older populations, Rocky Mountain Assisted Living provides residents with the tools to combat any emotional state they’re experiencing.
These, and many more medical services, are available for an additional cost. In some cases, your loved one’s insurance provider may cover one or more of these services.
Amenities Available at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living
Though we provide world-class assisted living care in Thornton, Colorado, our facilities are decked out with incredible amenities to help your loved one relax and enjoy themselves. These amenities include:
- Cable TV. Your senior never has to worry about TV contracts or bills again. Our cable TV services are included in rent, so your loved one will never overpay for a satellite package that they don’t use.
- Walk-in jacuzzi tubs. Our seniors can relax and wind down in our spa-level jacuzzi tubs. Modified to fit accessibility needs, these tubs provide incredible luxury and relaxation with a decreased risk of injury.
- Wi-Fi. Whether your senior is tech-savvy or not, their home is fully equipped with Wi-Fi. Ideal for setting up Facebook and Netflix, our Wi-Fi service provides entertainment and connection to our seniors.
- Month-to-month contracts. We know that changes happen. We provide month-to-month contracts to give your senior and your family flexibility when it comes to living situations.
When Is It Time for Assisted Living?
Determining when it is time to move your loved one into assisted living is an emotional issue. There will likely never be a time when your senior approaches you and asks for help, so it’s often the responsibility of family members to determine when to make the switch. Remember, assisted living does not have to be intense or constant; many seniors don’t need constant help, but the security and support they receive from assisted living gives them the confidence boost to continue living their lives happily.
Eliminating anxiety for your family and your senior loved one is a huge draw of assisted living. In some cases, there are more intense memory or mobility issues, or even an accident that pushes family members to explore assisted living. Unfortunately, there is no one definite sign that it’s time to make the switch, but here are a few reasons we see families begin to explore Rocky Mountain Assisted Living.
- A fall or injury has impaired your loved one’s mobility or left them scared of being alone.
- They have memory loss due to Alzheimer’s or dementia that interferes with their daily function.
- The death of a spouse or close friend has left them isolated and lonely.
- They are downsizing.
- Basic chores have become exhausting to them, or they’ve stopped taking care of themselves.
Though it may be challenging, remember that assisted living often improves seniors’ quality of life and may boost their mood and overall ability to function.
See Rocky Mountain Assisted Living in Thornton, CO for Yourself
Deciding about memory care for your elderly loved one is understandably challenging. Watching your loved one’s memory deteriorate is painful, and it often feels like an uphill battle. Fortunately, we have world-class memory services that can help your loved one cope with conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Like all of our services, our memory care is tailored to meet your loved one’s specific needs. We give personalized care to ensure the best possible outcome for your senior and help their battle with these diseases seem a little more tolerable.
Though we have top-of-the-line care, many families feel anxious about leaving their memory-impaired seniors without close family or friends. We understand that it is nerve-wracking to walk your loved one through this process and introduce them to new places, and we know that it can put a lot of strain on families and relationships. It’s natural to want to see where your loved one will be living and what they will be doing on a daily basis before committing to a memory care facility’s service. We encourage anyone who is interested in the memory care services offered by Rocky Mountain Assisted Living to schedule a tour of our grounds so they can see our facilities and resources for themselves. Exploring the facilities helps many families feel more at ease, leaving their loved ones in our care. We believe that when you understand how we operate and see our beautiful facilities, a significant amount of stress will be eliminated from the process. We consider our assisted living Thornton residents as family and treat their loved ones like family too.
The Best Care in Thornton
For assisted living in Thornton, Colorado, look no further than Rocky Mountain Assisted Living. Our Thornton assisted living provides exceptional care and tailored experiences for all of our residents. We are passionate about a holistic approach to health and happiness, and we do everything in our power to support your loved ones as they navigate senior life. With our support, your loved one can maintain their desire for an independent home setting, while gaining the support and security of a caring team available to meet their needs 24/7. Our services take the pressure and stress off of families and allow you to truly enjoy time with your loved ones. Caring for an aging loved one is stressful, so we provide top-notch care, so you don’t have to worry. We have limited availability. So, call now to ensure your loved one gets the help they need, and you get the peace of mind you deserve.
Welcome to our newest location located in Lakewood near the Lakewood Country club. This home features 12 private rooms with full bathrooms in each room. This home is currently under construction and is expected to open in February of 2021. Please call for more info on pricing and availability to tour: (303) 569-4296.
Rocky Mountain Assisted Living offers an intimate home setting with progressive levels of care. Regardless of your loved one’s level of independence or care requirements, they will find the balance they need at Rocky Mountain. We are dedicated to promoting independence, protecting dignity, and nurturing your loved one’s functional and social needs. With a diversity of interests and personalities, our senior residents each have a unique life story. We help them to carry out their desire to live independently as long as possible, while providing around-the-clock access to medical care and assistance with day-to-day activities when needed.
- Shared space
- Living Room
- Dining Area
- Activety Area
- Public Bathroom
- Private living space
- Private Bathroom
Schedule a Tour
Deciding about memory care for your elderly loved one is understandably challenging. It’s natural to want to see where your loved one will be living and what they will be doing on a daily basis before committing to a memory care facility’s service. We encourage anyone who is interested in the memory care services offered by Rocky Mountain Assisted Living to schedule a tour of our grounds so they can see our facilities and resources for themselves.
We have memory care facilities located in Centennial, two in Lakewood here and here, Wheatridge, and Thornton.
With our support, your loved one can maintain their desire for an independent home setting, while gaining the support and security of a caring team available to meet their needs 24/7. We have limited availability. So call now to ensure your loved one gets the help they need.
Rocky Mountain Assisted Living is the best company I have ever worked for. I have been a CNA for 22 years and have worked in several different work environments. I have worked in nursing homes, assisted living homes, done home care, run an adult family home and RMAL has provided the best work environment. The residents are very well taken care of, and employees are taken care of as well.
I was impressed with how genuine and caring the staff are at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living. The owner and all management staff really care about the residents. This was a new transition for my father but they have done wonderful things with him.