Lakewood Assisted Living from Rocky Mountain Goes the Extra Mile
Feeling at ease in assisted living is essential to the happiness of all residents and their families. Many facilities do not take this into account, and their decor gives off a hospital or nursing home’s sterile feel. At Rocky Mountain Assisted Living, we take great care to ensure that our facilities feel like home. We pay attention to details to ensure that our facilities are thoughtful as well. Thoughtfully selected flowers and shrubbery line the entrance to your loved one’s assisted living home in Lakewood, Colorado. Our units are designed to look like a normal suburban neighborhood, where everyone can feel at home. Our attention to detail extends much further than our outside landscaping. Indoors we create beautiful spaces that are specific to your loved one’s tastes. Despite all this, we know that our facility’s appearance is not the main reason for choosing assisted living, so we ensure that all our units are safe and accessible as well as homey and comfortable.
Each room of the home encompasses the personal, warm touches you would create for your family home, but with discrete features that make the property accessible and safe for your loved one. Bathrooms are appointed with all the interior design elements of a carefully decorated home bathroom and equipped with hand rails and accessible toilets, bath tubs, and showers for a senior’s changing needs. Our services can evolve as your family member’s needs change; tailoring our care is an ongoing process.
Cooking at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living
The kitchens in our units are a source of pride at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living. We understand that many seniors still love to cook and prepare food for themselves, so we ensure that they have the opportunity to do so in our senior living facilities. Walk into the kitchen and you will find a place to gather and prepare your favorite meals on a generous counter space and beautifully selected cabinetry. This provides your loved one with the opportunity to be as independent as they can or wish to be, while having the support of constant care from our compassionate and caring Lakewood team for meal preparation when needed or wanted. Preparing meals is a source of joy in many people’s lives, and we embrace that passion with our state-of-the-art kitchens.
Specialized Care in Rocky Mountain Assisted Living
We understand that each resident’s reason for needing assisted living is different. Assisted living care must be created specifically to meet each individual’s needs. We infuse this belief into our work and provide care exclusive to your loved one’s necessities. We are passionate about nurturing our residents’ individuality while providing a community in which they can thrive. Each of our residents has a unique life story and challenges that make them who they are. We embrace these differences by truly listening to our residents and their families and providing the most personalized care possible. We believe this increases happiness in our residents while still giving peace of mind to their families.
Lakewood Assisted Living Services from Rocky Mountain Assisted Living
In our quest to provide an exemplary environment for your loved one, we offer a wide range of services and amenities that enhance their lifestyle. Aside from our exemplary homes, we provide exclusive benefits to our residents that we believe benefit their well-being. Ranging from entertainment to safety measures, our incredible services and amenities help our residents relax and enjoy themselves. All of the following services are included in their room and board fees:
- Music and art classes. Keeping our residents engaged in art and music is important to us, and our residents enjoy the classes. These activities keep them creative and help ward off depression and anxiety.
- Wide halls and doorways. Our homes are designed to accommodate all accessibility needs. Made with hardwood floors that allow for easy passage, along with the wide door frames and hallways, wheelchairs, canes, and walkers move through without issue. Your loved one won’t feel trapped or confined due to a lack of access to areas of the home.
- Rounding physicians and medication management. Health care is incredibly important to us at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living, so we provide a rounding physician to check on our residents’ health regularly. This service is usually covered by insurance and is an excellent perk that allows for peace of mind and symptom monitoring. Our licensed staff administers medication, so you know that your loved one is taking their medications correctly and on time.
- Physical therapy exercises. To keep our residents moving in ways that are safe for their bodies, we provide exercise classes and help with physical therapy. This movement helps many residents strengthen their muscles and, in some cases, helps individuals regain mobility that they’d previously lost.
- Walk-in jacuzzi tubs. Your loved one can relax and wind down in our spa-level jacuzzi tubs. Modified to fit accessibility needs, these tubs provide luxury and decadence with a decreased risk of injury.
- Month-to-month contracts. We know that change is a part of life. Our month-to-month contracts give your family flexibility.
- 24-hour awake staff. There is always someone on site who is ready to help your loved one with anything they may need. No need to worry about waking anyone or waiting for an emergency to call for help; our staff is ready to assist every moment of the day.
- Bathing and dressing assistance. Some of our residents have mobility or motor skill issues that make it hard to do things like bathing and dressing. We provide dignified, respectful assistance in these areas at any time of the day or night.
- Homemade meals and snacks. While there are options for your loved one to cook for themselves if they so choose, we provide cooking services as well. For some people, not having to worry about meals is an incredible relief. Special meals can be prepared at an additional cost.
These services, along with many others, are available to our residents as part of their assisted living package. We are proud to provide a wide variety of perks to those who stay with us.