As our loved ones grow older, we are often faced with difficult decisions regarding how to care for them in their golden years. Some elderly folks require around-the-clock care while others remain quite independent well into their 80’s and 90’s. If you have an elderly family member who is in need of some degree of assistance or if you have a disabled loved one who may need some help with day-to-day activities, you may want to consider Rocky Mountain Assisted Living with numerous locations in Lakewood, Centennial and Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
Rocky Mountain Assisted Living is proud to offer some of the highest quality accommodations and amenities for elder care in Lakewood. If you are interested in a spacious living area with immediate access to support, medical care, and engaging activities for your loved one to enjoy with peers, call us. Rocky Mountain Assisted Living offers a unique experience that can provide the care your loved one needs in a beautiful and supportive atmosphere.
What Is Assisted Living?
Some older adults may need help accomplishing basic everyday tasks like bathing, doing laundry, preparing meals, and handling household repairs. While some elderly individuals are perfectly capable of taking care of themselves well into advanced age, others require a bit more help. Some elderly people struggle with memory loss and neurodegenerative conditions, while others struggle with the physical effects of aging more acutely than others. If your elderly loved one isn’t quite able to manage living on their own safely, assisted living may be the best solution.
Assisted living is not a nursing home, so you and your loved one do not need to worry about confinement to a hospital bed in a sterile treatment facility. Rocky Mountain Assisted Living has created a beautiful shared living space in Lakewood that provides the best amenities and accommodations with the full spectrum of treatment options you would expect from a more clinical setting.
Why Choose Rocky Mountain Assisted Living?
When you need an assisted living arrangement for your elderly loved one, it’s essential to find a facility that offers the treatments your loved one needs to enjoy life to the fullest. Every elderly individual will have unique medical needs, and some may require extensive medical supervision or memory care. Whatever the case may be for your elderly loved one, you can rest assured the team at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living will take the time necessary to identify their needs and provide the most effective treatments and therapies available.
We believe in flexibility and encouraging our residents to exercise their personal freedom at every opportunity. Our residents are not required to follow strict schedules and instead enjoy a blend of self-direction and structured care. We provide meals based on our residents’ tastes and dietary needs and strive to provide holistic assisted living services in every sense.
Treatments and Therapies Available from Rocky Mountain Assisted Living
One of the best parts of the community at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living is how easy it will be for your loved one to receive treatment for their medical issues while enjoying easy access to a wide range of engaging therapies and activities. Some of the things your loved one can expect from their time at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living in Lakewood include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy, memory care, and a full range of medical treatments suited to their unique needs. We understand that every elder has unique medical needs, including complex memory loss. Our staff is fully trained to meet your loved one’s medical needs and provide the structure and support they need to minimize disruptive symptoms as much as possible.
- Recreational activities, including movie nights, media events, social gatherings, seasonal parties, and much more. We believe that fun is essential for enjoying an assisted living program. We are confident your loved one will enjoy the recreational activities and other fun events we offer at Rocky Mountain Assisted Living.
- Group-focused sessions that encourage interaction, reminiscence, and communication. One of the best parts about our facility is that it provides social opportunities and engagement with peers in a comfortable, laid-back atmosphere instead of a clinical setting.
- Creative activities that encourage artistic and musical expression for relaxation and therapy for some of our residents. Whether your loved one would benefit from art or music therapy as part of memory care or if they simply want to spend some time creating something beautiful, we will provide supplies and the space to be creative in peace.
- Outings and trips to local landmarks and scenic areas. Lakewood is a beautiful place with lots of interesting things to see, and we will make sure your loved one has lots of positive experiences inside and outside of our facility.
- Outdoor activities, including light sports, backyard games, and aquatic therapy in a beautiful walk-in hydrotherapy tub.
- Coordinated medical care with your loved one’s preferred providers. Whether you need a new doctor or intend to stick with your local physician, we can develop a medical care plan that suits your preferences and needs.
Few assisted living facilities can offer this wide range of amenities in such a beautiful living space. We are confident that the aesthetically pleasing and supportive atmosphere we have created encourages independence for our residents. This is often one of the most critical concerns an elder will have about an assisted living program.